Prime today, gone tomorrow: Chinese products get pulled from Amazon

Found on Techcrunch on Tuesday, 25 May 2021
Browse Internet

Analysts have estimated that the share of Chinese merchants represented 75% of Amazon’s new sellers in January, up from 47% the year before, according to Marketplace Pulse, an e-commerce research firm.

Chinese sellers are swarming not just Amazon but also eBay, Wish, Shopee and Alibaba’s AliExpress.

But the get-rich-quick optimism among the cross-border community came to a halt when several top Chinese sellers disappeared from Amazon over the past few days.

Inside WeChat groups where hundreds of sellers normally exchange business strategies, anxiety is rife and the consensus is that the targeted sellers have “crossed the line” in conducting questionable platform practices.

Amazon is less than 75% interesting than it ever has been because of that; and with it's shady tax evasion, the other 25% are also not interesting anymore.